What is SEO? (Search Engine Optimization)
SEO, Search Engine Optimization, is a type of online marketing that gets a website to rank high on the search engines in an organic or natural way (not paid). It’s critical to have an SEO plan in place to get your site ranking for specific keywords to generate leads and sales. SEO helps to increase the number of visitors on your site with the hope of an increase in ROI (return on investment).
Being high on the search engines is a must to get traffic and business. Why? 62% of users click a link on the first page of Google – people don’t want to scroll forever to find you, so you need to aim to be on page one!
At Out of Dust Marketing & Communication, we are a team of SEO experts who know how to get your site to number one. We will learn your company inside and out, so we will know what SEO tactics will work best for your business.
SEO Tactics for Your Business
SEO is more than sprinkling keywords and search terms throughout your site. From blog writing and link building to keyword optimization and on-page SEO, we put together a plan that helps bring your audience to you.
With an SEO plan, you need both on-page and off-page SEO. On-page SEO includes tactics that attract the search engines and visitors. Through on-page SEO, you’re creating a pleasing experience for users on your website.
Some on-page SEO tactics include:
- Creating quality, engaging, fresh content.
- Creating an easy-to-navigate and easy-to-read read website.
- Creating a mobile-ready and friendly website.
- Making sure the load time is fast on the website.
- Using keywords in copy, URLs, titles, subtitles, meta information.
- Writing engaging, informative meta titles and meta descriptions to encourage people to click on your link in the search engine results page (SERPs).
- Adding alt tags to images.
Off-page SEO are techniques used to give the site value – you’re proving to Google, and other search engines, that your site is an authority on a topic and that it is trustworthy and of quality. Through off-page SEO tactics, you will raise your site in the rankings on the search engines.
Some off-page SEO tactics include:
- Getting high-quality backlinks from other websites.
- Building internal links using anchor texts from other pages in your website.
- Listing your business on directories locally or for your industry
- Creating content for other blogs and sites that link back to your site
- Getting other blogs and sites to talk about your business/product/service and link back to your site.
- Creating a social media presence (on whatever platforms make sense for your business) and send users back to your website.