Advertising Online: Why You Should Add It to Your Marketing Strategy
Advertising entails a broad array of communication techniques. From television commercials to digital advertising on popular social media platforms, advertisements can be found anywhere and at any time. As the world continues to transform into all-things digital, online advertising is becoming far more prevalent. The best part? The majority of online ads seamlessly blend into feeds and pages that very few realize they are advertisements at all!
We aren’t saying to completely ditch your traditional advertising efforts if they are producing fruit. Instead, we encourage you to maximize your marketing efforts by diversifying the techniques you use to reach your target audience. Online advertising, for example, is proven to provide immense benefits.
While there are some ways traditional advertising agencies can track conversions, they are usually only trackable after an extended period of time. With online advertising, your results are updated in real-time. Notice your online advertisement is not performing as well as you thought? Taking the ad offline only takes a matter of seconds.
Digital Advertising allows you to set a budget of your choice (starting as low as a few dollars). Using measurable results through your advertising platform, you can see the exact amount of conversions you’ve had and the amount you’ve spent on your unique ad. In addition, most online platforms that allow advertising (Google, Facebook, Linkedin, Youtube, etc.) will even display the cost-per-result; a majority of results cost less than one dollar. If you notice large success from your advertising efforts online, you can add additional dollars or create new campaigns to promote your business at any time.
Reach the Right Audience
Although it may sound alarming, the internet is taking digital notes on all of its users. Through web searches, IP addresses, and online activity, the internet tracks users’ location, gender, age, interests, and more. Using this data, online advertising platforms allow you to show your ad(s) to your exact target audience. This will minimalize any financial waste and maximize your profit.
Many Options to Choose From
The list is extensive when it comes to the types of online advertising. Below are just a few of the most common:
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM): These types of advertisements can be found when your browsing on your favorite search engine. All it requires is an ad with a title, description, and a call to action (contact us, learn more, etc.). This advertisement heavily relies on keywords and shown only to users who use specific words in their searches.
- Display: Display ads usually contain images or videos and can be found natively on a website. These are placed on certain sites based on their industry and audience.
- Social Media Ads: Social media advertising is one of the most popular, cost-effective online advertising techniques used. These ads are displayed on leading social media websites such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Linkedin. Social media ads are great for conversion, brand awareness, and more.
- Email: Email marketing is an extremely common, yet often underestimated, way of advertising. Although often used for newsletters or back-and-forth communication, they are a great way for businesses to promote sales, exclusive deals, new store locations, and other important profit-producing announcements. Using email remarketing, you even have the capability of following up with users who have once shown interest in your product but have not made the purchase.
- Audio Ads: Audio ads can be heard on the most popular streaming platforms like Spotify, Pandora, and SoundCloud. These 15/30-second ads are played between songs, with a branded image that shows in place of a song’s album cover.
Hire One of the Leading Advertising Agencies in Jacksonville
We understand that online advertising can be complicated and for most, it is a foreign world that many do not have time to figure out. Due to this, our team at Out of Dust Marketing, one of the top advertising agencies in Jacksonville, Florida, is here to help. We have the skills and expertise needs to assist organizations, both large and small, to achieve their digital advertising goals.
From SEO to email marketing, contact our team at Out of Dust Marketing and Communications by visiting our CONTACT PAGE or by phone: 904-775-2957. To learn more about our services, click HERE. To discover some of our recent work, please visit our work page.